Horizon BCBSNJ Brief Notes V. 22, No. 912:
Applies to: Public Sector and Mid-size (100 to 499 employees) groups
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Launches- New Fitness Reimbursement Program
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is pleased to offer HorizonbFit to eligible members ages 18 years and older enrolled in public sector and fully insured mid-size groups. The program launches April 1, 2013 and offers reimbursements of $20 per month to members who enroll and visit a participating fitness facility at least 12 times or more a month. Members can earn up to $240 a year in rewards. The program makes it easier and more affordable for members to exercise regularly.
HorizonbFit is the only fitness reimbursement program that offers:
- All-electronic utilization tracking and reimbursement processing. Members do not have to track their visits or submit any paperwork to claim their reimbursements.
- Secure, online personal account management. Members establish an online account. Once established, members can view their attendance and reimbursements, change their primary fitness facilities and update their personal profiles and account information.
- The ability for Horizon BCBSNJ members who are currently members at a fitness facility to participate in HorizonbFit. All eligible Horizon BCBSNJ members can participate in HorizonbFit without having to cancel their existing fitness facility memberships. If a member belongs to a fitness facility that is not included in the network, the member can nominate it for inclusion pending agreement with the fitness facility.
- Access to medically integrated fitness centers. HorizonbFit includes hospital-affiliated fitness centers that offer exercise programs that can be integrated with chronic care management, rehabilitation and other physician-directed health maintenance, measurement and testing.
- Utilization review. Through its all-electronic utilization tracking, data can be analyzed by Horizon BCBSNJ to better manage member care.
- Full membership privileges, preferred rates, flexible, month-to-month membership terms and “away-from-home” access to any participating facility. (Only for Horizon BCBSNJ members who join a fitness facility when they enroll in HorizonbFit.)
HorizonbFit is administered by Advanta Health Solutions, an innovative health and fitness provider that develops and manages physical activity programs to help people live healthier. It is initially being offered to members ages 18 years and older in the public sector and mid-size (100 to 499) employer group markets. Eligible members can enroll online now at HorizonbFit.com for an April 1, 2013 effective date.
Horizon BCBSNJ is dedicated to working with our valued brokers to provide your clients and their employees with competitive offerings that support member satisfaction and retention. HorizonbFit’s approach to corporate fitness rewards healthy behavior and fosters personal accountability. It is cost-effective for the employer group and motivational for employees.
View the HorizonbFit enrollment site at HorizonbFit.com.
If you have questions, please contact your Horizon BCBSNJ sales executive or account manager.
BB2013FitnessReimbursement (Size: 624 Kb )